Geomajas is an open source web mapping framework. It allows display and editing of GIS data in the browser without the need for any browser plugins. The performance is very good by balancing the work between the client and server side. Geomajas can get data from both raster and vector layers and has built-in support for GeoTools, OpenStreetMaps, Google and Hibernate layers.
This is the first (and hopefully only) release candidate for the upcoming version 1.6.0.
Geomajas has come a long way since the 1.4 branch. 378 issues have been handled (see jira).
The main improvements include :
- Support of multiple faces, including the already existing dojo face.
- GWT face, allow the programmers to use all-java.
- The system is now fully modularized.
- More powerful configuration.
- Clearly defined API.
- More tests, more documentation.
- Powerful security support.
We would like encourage everybody have a look at the showcase application, and tell us your findings.
We hope to be able to release Geomajas 1.6.0 mid April.